Sunday, November 21, 2-4 PM Community Meeting

We are hosting our next community meeting on Sunday, November 21, from 2-4 PM. We are trying to meet on Sunday to give anyone a chance to get together and talk who couldn’t attend our Saturday meetings and there will not be a Saturday meeting this month at all. The meeting will be held at the Helena Sports Complex where we usually meet and we’ll have water and snacks. Please attend to get updates on the progress and get a chance to talk to your neighbors and we’ll see you there!

Fall 2021 Meet and Greet

Thanks so much to everyone who volunteered, participated, and joined us for our first Fall Meet and Greet! We had a wonderful turn-out from the community and it was great to get to chat with everyone.

Special thanks to Lance and Beth Pruitt of Three of a Kind Realty Group for sponsoring the Frios popsicles and Nadya Mohamed of Nadya Moves for the treat bags for the kids (and maybe the parents too…)!

We hope to have many more of these events in the future and if you can make the next one, we would love to have you at the next one. Please, if you have any photos or comments on the event, leave them in the comments below.

Reminder: Meet and Greet Sunday 2-4 PM

Community Meet and Greet

Just a reminder, the Association is hosting a Meet and Greet (see the original announcement here: Join us for the Fall 2021 Meet and Greet). We will have snacks and water provided for free. There will be a Frios truck selling popsicles as well, so stop by for a sweet treat!

chocolate coated ice creams

Just for our residents, the first 100 Frios Pops will be free!

Special thanks to Lance and Beth Pruitt with 3 of a Kind Realty Group for this generous promotion.

Donations for those impacted by recent flooding

After the deluge last week, many neighbors were impacted by the flooding. If you would like to donate any non-perishable and good condition items, please bring them and we will have a table set up to accept those donations. And if you are in need, feel free to reach out and we can see about helping anyone who needs specific items. If you were impacted by flooding, be sure to contact Shelby EMA by emailing them at: shelbyema@shelbyal.com.

If you cannot attend, Hope Bailey is collecting donations at her home. Please stop by and donate or, if you are in need, take what will help you and your family.

Donation drop-off location: 9350 Brook Forest Cir.

Community Meeting: Saturday, Sep. 18, 2021

As part of our goals to present more information to the community, the Association and the Committees will meet on Saturday, September 18, 2021, at 9:00, AM to follow up on their discussions last month. The meeting will be held at the Helena Sports Complex on the second floor (there are elevators!) — turn left once you reach the top and we are in the South conference room.

At 10 AM we will host the community to discuss any concerns or questions for the Association. Both sessions are open to the public and you are welcome to stop in and join us for either segment. If you plan on attending, please create an account or sign in to the site and RSVP here: September Wyndham Residential Association Community Meeting.

Summer 2021 Community Meeting

We had a really great meeting last week and we discussed a whole lot of community concerns and issues. Below are the notes from the meeting that I wanted to share. This is by no means everything that came up but most important thing discussed is:

Regular meetings are coming back! Every third Saturday in the morning at the Sports Complex there will be a meeting. Additional details , including the exact time, will be posted in advance of the meeting.

Meeting Notes

  • Landscaping: in need of major overhaul.
  • Committees: forming two committees to encourage more engagement from neighbors on the issues impacting the Association.
    • Beautification: in charge of overseeing landscaping, welcoming new neighbors, planning community events and projects, etc.
    • Compliance: staffs the Architectural Review Board, assists with tracking compliance issues in the neighborhood, works with city officials to ensure issues are addressed, etc.
  • Communication
    • Regularly schedule meeting: Third Saturday every month from 9:00 to 11:00. First half is for the board and committees to gather and the second half is for the community to receive updates or discuss issues.
    • Website: contact form to report issues.
    • Phone number: the number is for voicemails only.
    • Email address
    • Other forms of communication are not official. We do have a social media presence but they simply repost information from the website.
  • Discussed voting procedures and board status. There are several board positions that do need to be filled at a later date.
  • Short-term rentals (e.g. AirBNB): City has passed regulations that ban any new STR from being established and add ordinances that govern the existing ones.
  • Finances:
    • Dues are being collected at a much higher rate and we have a healthy balance.
    • Dues collections options: what can we do to increase participation?
      • Late fees
      • Liens
      • More action on the part of the Association will bring in more dues.
  • Pipeline: The pipeline is not being cut as there is a migratory bird that is nesting in the area and this occurs every two years.
  • Community parking concerns.
  • Street re-paving: city issue.
  • Landscaping or home issues can be reported to the board to intercede as best as we can.
  • Dog walkers are not cleaning up after their dogs.

This was a great wide ranging conversation and a call to action for volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved and improving your community, please drop a comment below.

Summer 2021 Community Meeting

You are invited!

Please mark your calendars for the summer 2021 Wyndham Residential Association Community Meeting! We will be gathering at the Helena Sports Complex on August 21, 2021, at 9:00 AM. The Board will be discussing our objectives this year and soliciting volunteers to fill some committees to assist with completing these goals. I highly recommend everyone come out and join us for this event. We have no votes scheduled for this meeting; however, we will discuss the election process for the Board. We will record audio and publish minutes on the website for those who cannot attend.

Sign repair recommendations

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Fourth of July this year! We are looking for recommendations for any reputable local business that could repair the broken signs throughout the neighborhood. We are trying to get bids collected from local businesses that do quality and affordable work. Please visit the website and post a comment on this blog post with the recommendation and include the business name and preferably a phone number as well. Thanks!